Community Dialogue on Social Justice in Education
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 5:00pm to 7:00pm
UH - University Hall, 1857 1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045
Join us for a community dialogue and panel discussion on engaging the university, local schools, and local government and non-profits to collaboratively address issues in education.
The purpose of this dialogue is to bring LMU, area schools, and community members together to discuss the importance of engaging as a diverse community to create more equitable educational opportunities for students and families in the Westchester/Playa community. The goal is to create an open and ongoing dialogue between the LMU Doctoral Program, LMU Family of Schools network schools, and the wider community to foster partnership opportunities. LMU aims to support methods for FOS network schools to engage with doctoral student research and ways to build stronger connections between local non-profits, government agencies and our schools through research, evaluation and reflection.
Click here to RSVP.
Panel 1: Exploring the Broad Contexts of Education and Collaboration
- - Christina Davis, LAX Coastal Area Chamber of Commerce
- - Darin Earley, Director, LMU Family of Schools
- - Steve McCray, LMU Doctoral Program Student and Director, Community Relations, Inglewood School District
Panel 2: Exploring the Local Contexts of Education and Collaboration
- - Shawna Draxton, Principal, WISH Charter
- - Cynthia Hoepner, Principal, St. Bernard HS
- - Jean Pennicooke, Principal, Kentwood Elementary
Closing remarks by Antonia Darder, LMU Leavey Presidential Chair
Questions? Contact the LMU Doctoral Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.338.7449
No recent activity