Are you interested in becoming a counselor working in the field of alcohol and drug addictions? If so, this workshop is strongly recommended. This highly interactive workshop is designed to provide you with a framework of information to guide you in your pursuit of becoming a substance abuse counselor. We explore answers to questions such as:
- Will I be happy as a counselor?
- Are there regulations about being a counselor?
- I am working in the field right now; do I need to become certified
- What does certified mean?
- What is the career path for an alcohol and drug counselor?
- What can I anticipate about job opportunities?
- What is the pay range for a counselor?
- I’ve heard LMU Extension has some great instructors. What do the instructors in the LMU Extension program offer to my future success
- What courses do I need to take and what is the tuition?
- What are some study tips to help me thrive?
- Is tuition assistance available?
This workshop is free and open to the public; campus parking fees will apply. RSVP is required (click Registration button).
Please contact Ms. Fay Craton at (310) 338-2812 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Speaker
Fay Craton coordinates the Alcohol and Drug Counseling program at LMU Extension, and has worked with substance abuse issues with clients in community mental health, domestic violence and private practice settings. Ms. Craton has a Master of Arts from the Pacfica Graduate Institute, and credentials in psychology as a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
Friday, September 22 at 2:30pm to 5:30pm
UH - University Hall, 1775
1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045