Part-Time Faculty Orientation
To help part-time faculty become successful teachers at LMU who contribute to LMU’s goal of academic excellence, the Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) organizes an orientation for new part-time faculty.
During the part-time faculty orientation, we will be covering topics such as
- LMU’s History and Mission
- LMU's Students
- Getting Ready for Class – Course Development, Teaching and Learning Strategies
- Academic Rules and Procedures at LMU – Syllabus, Grading, Academic Honesty, Course Evaluations
- FERPA, What, Why, and How – Federal Law: Record Privacy and Security, PROWL
- MYLMUConnect (Blackboard) – Communication, Collaboration, Document Sharing, Assessment, ...
- Course Development, Teaching and Learning Strategies
The orientation will include a lunch during which you will have the opportunity to meet representatives from several LMU offices that can support you in your teaching (requested):
- Academic Resource Center
- Center for Service and Action
- Disability Support Services
- First Year Experience
- Hannon Library
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- LMU Bookstore
- Public Safety
- Student Psychological Services
Breakfast and light refreshments are available during the morning. Lunch will be provided.
Alternative date: January 11, 2014
Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org or x85866.
This program will be video and audio taped and may be podcast. By your willing participation in the program, you expressly and irrevocably consent to be photographed, videotaped and/or audio taped and quoted/cited. The films, tapes, and other digital recordings will become the property of the Center of Teaching Excellence, LMU
Friday, December 13, 2013 at 8:30am
Center for Teaching Excellence
UNH 3030, 1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045