Part Time Faculty Orientation
During the Part‐Time Faculty orientation, we will be covering topics such as
- Getting Ready for Class
- LMU’s Students
- Academic Rules and Procedures at LMU – Syllabus, Grading, Academic Honesty, Course Evaluations, and more.
- FERPA, What, Why, and How – Federal Law: Record Privacy and Security, PROWL
- Learning Management System – Communication, Collaboration, Document Sharing, Assessment, and more.
- Teaching and Student Learning
During your break you will have the opportunity to meet representatives from several LMU offices that can support you in your teaching, such as (requested):
- Academic Resource Center
- Center for Service and Action
- Disability Support Services
- First Year Experience
- Hannon Library
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- LMU Bookstore
- Mission and Ministry
- Office of International Students and Scholars
- Public Safety
- Student Psychological Services
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or x85866.
Program to start at 9am and go until 4pm. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Saturday, January 6 at 9:00am
Center for Teaching Excellence
UNH 3030, 1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045