About this Event
Come learn about the 2023 Coca-Cola Refreshing Films student film competition!
They are looking for scripts this year that celebrate the big screen experience as the ultimate break opportunity. The Grand Prize winning spot will run in Coca-Cola partnered theaters across the United States and Canada, including AMC, Cinemark, Cineplex and Landmark.
- There will be up to five scripts chosen
- Finalists will receive $18,000 USD (approximately $23,000 CAD, subject to currency conversion rates at the time prize is fulfilled) to produce their film and and document the film development with a behind-the-scenes crew
- Produce a 50-second spot to run in Coca-Cola partnered theaters across the United States and Canada (Total run time: 60 seconds; 50 seconds for film, 10 seconds for bumper)
- Create a 60 to 90-second “Making Of” spot utilizing behind-the-scenes footage
- Participants will gain hands on experience collaborating with Coca-Cola on their branded spot. All film crews will be mentored throughout the program.
- There are two awards:
- Red Ribbon Panel Grand Prize: A panel of industry experts make up our Red Ribbon Panel who will judge the technical aspects of the films, their creativity, entertainment value, and brand fit in order to select the Grand Prize winner. The Coca-Cola Refreshing Films Grand Prize winner will be featured in Coca-Cola partnered theatres across the United States and Canada.
- Fan Favorite Award: Cinemark Theaters will host all the films online and let moviegoers vote on their favorite film. The film with the most votes will win $2,857 USD (approximately $3,572 CAD, subject to currency conversion rates at the time the prize is fulfilled).
The deadline for submissions is October 14th, 2022 at 11:59pm EST.
RSVP ON LEO: https://leo.lmu.edu/event/8345605