Workshop: Veterans: Finding Home
Disconnection, alienation, confusion, and identity are all some of the issues veterans struggle with in transitioning home. Often there is a clash of values between military culture and civilian culture that must be negotiated. This workshop is for counselors, veteran service providers, faith based ministers, and concerned citizens is to help veterans find tribe and home. Workshop will cover:
- Research on the psychology, anthropology and biology of the tribe experience.
- Peer to peer counseling model as a method of creating tribe.
- Creating tribe through group counseling.
- Women veteran differences in experiencing tribe.
- VA and non-VA experiences that create community and tribe.
- Spiritual/Existential aspects of tribe.
- Warrior Circle experience.
You will receive:
Techniques for creating tribe with veterans in various contexts. Knowledge to the roadblocks for creating tribe for veterans. Access to veteran friendly organizations that are successful with veterans in the civilian world. New professional development opportunities.
Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 9:00am to 3:30pm
University Hall, room 1857, University Hall, room 1857 1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045